Your Roku account stores which Roku® streaming devices you own and which channels you have installed, as well as your preferences and settings. It’s important to have a valid email address associated with your Roku account in order to manage your account and to receive important account notifications. Similarly, you should choose a strong, secure password.
- There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account.
- Roku does NOT charge for device activation.
- Follow the Quick Start Guide that came with your Roku device.
- For additional help setting up your Roku device, visit the Setup and Troubleshooting section of the Roku support site.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet.
- Once connected, your Roku device may download new software.
- Your Roku device will then display a link code; e.g. “XD12G”
- Make a note of this link code and go to the website rokucoms on your computer or mobile device.
- Note: When entering rokucoms into your web browser, type it correctly to avoid fraudulent websites.
- On the website, enter the link code and click Submit.
Important: You must complete ALL of the steps on the website before going back to your Roku device otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.
- Follow the instructions on the website to create a Roku account, or login to an existing Roku account.
- When creating a new Roku account, you will be asked to provide a payment method. The payment method allows you to purchase subscriptions to popular channels, rent or buy movies and TV shows, or make other purchases from the Roku Channel Store. Adding a payment method does not result in any charges to your account. You will only be charged after going through the additional steps required to make a purchase; e.g. when signing-up for a subscription, renting or buying a movie or TV show, or adding a channel from the Roku Channel Store.
- Most major credit cards and PayPal are accepted payment methods. Get more help if you are having trouble adding a payment method.
- If you wish to prevent unauthorized purchases, learn how to create a PIN for your Roku account.
- Once you have completed the activation process your Roku device will be ready to use.