Roku is one of the most advanced and most popular videos streaming device around the globe.
Except for some countries
Roku stream content from the Internet, that’s why it needs good Internet connectivity to stream your favorite video. And most of the customer face problem of slow Internet speed or error with contacting device to the network.
When the Roku device found slow Internet speed, then it displays an error message which is known as “Roku error code 018”, one of the most common errors faced by the people while streaming their favorite TV show.
Error code 018 occurs due to a poor Internet/network connection and you have to remove the error to enjoy your show. There are a number of troubleshooting tips available to fix error code 018.
Let’s start with the first steps to troubleshooting Roku error 018.
First of all, check that your internet is working perfectly and all the devices like, your smart TV and Roku device receiving signals. Not connect to the network, is the main reason for error code 018 on Roku. If devices not connecting through the wireless network you can use an Ethernet cable to connect them with the router.
- Unable to connect Wireless Network: This error message display when you try to connect your Roku device to a network and it didn’t receive any signal or not able to establish a connection with your home network.
- Not Connected to the Internet: You are enjoying your show/movie with your family and due to some reason your ISP is not working. Then this error will display on your screen.
- Loading Please Wait: While launching a channel, you lose network connection then, it displays an error message “loading please wait”.
- First of all, check that Internet connection is working and your router receives signals from your ISP (Internet Services Provider).
- Run a quick test to make sure your Internet working properly. Try to open some website like Google, YouTube, etc on another device. If you are able to open these websites that means your router is working fine.
- Now, check the name of the network your Roku device is connected. Make sure it connected with your home network and receive signals.
- Check the strength of your wi-fi signals. You can check the signal strength of your wi-fi router on your Roku device.
- Follow the steps below to check signal strength:
- Press Home button on Roku remote.
- Go to Setting, Click on Network.
- Select About from the list.
- Here you can find your Signal Strength.
- Verify twice that you are using right credential for logging your home wireless network.
- Perform a quick system restart and check if slow network error fixed or not.
- Try to reconnect the Roku device to your wireless network.
- Try to connect your device to the Ethernet cable to resolve 018 error.
- Reboot your router and try to reconnect the device.
Hope the above guide will help you to fix slow speed Internet connectivity on Roku and you’ll enjoy your hassle-free movie streaming.